Fine Woodworking Class
***** $300 prize *****
Class 17. J.G. Brassington’s General Building Service Award
$1 entry fee
All exhibits must be in place before 10.00am Friday and may be removed after 5.30pm Saturday or between 9.00 – 10.00 am Sunday.
- Open to Amateur and Semi-amateur wood workers from Moora and adjoining Shires.
- The standard of work will have to be well above average.
- Judging would be conducted separately to all other categories and should the judges not award a winner the prize money would be added to next year’s prize money.
Entries must not have been entered previously in any competition.
Points will be awarded for:
Standard of woodwork
- Joints etc. 20%
- Standard of finish 20%
- Usefulness of item 20%
- Complexity of item 20%
- Whether the item was self-designed or came out of a book or from a set of plans 20%
Some examples of fine woodworking:
- A long case clock
- A furnished dolls house with no pre-made or commercial components
- An inlayed jewellery box
- A carved inlayed chess set
- An inlayed games table with drawers for pieces
- A wooden boat
- A wooden model ship
Things not to be included would be
- Salt & Pepper shakers or turned pens etc.
For more detailed information please feel free to phone John on 0417 178 969